Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Great Tassel Debate

Minus a few minor finishing notes (weaving in ends, giving it a wash) my lovely scarf is complete!!  I'm so excited!  It's pretty awesome and I'm really motivated to knit more.  (Especially smaller projects that are more challenging!)  This will probably be the last scarf for awhile, but I felt that a scarf was the perfect gift for boyfriend's mom.  Now, I'm debating between putting on tassels or not.  I'm not sure if it'd be too frilly with the tassels, or look really awesome... I don't know.  Maybe simple is better?  I go through this often, because I love tassels, but I'm not sure if everyone loves them like I do.  I'm going with no.  What to do, what to do!!

In other news, I've officially decided to participate in a swap in January.  I'm pretty excited about that.  The theme is something silly like robots, but that definitely leaves a lot to the imagination.  I'm starting to think of ideas already!!  Or, if this Dexter themed swap gets going, I'll go for that one first.

I'm thinking about knitting a bunch of headbands to post on etsy, along with some new charms and clay things.  I've been meaning to get back to doing that stuff more, but I've been putting it off, just like everything else.  Work has really been taking it out of me, though the best remedy for that is doing something you love, so I need to get back to it.  I think I'm at a lack of ideas or structure though.  I got a request to do some breast cancer awareness ribbons and things, so I might make those up.  I didn't get to make the "Yay, I'm Gay!" buttons, but I still have time if I want to maybe do that tomorrow after shopping.

This will probably be my last post before I go off to the wedding, so I hope to come back with some fun pictures to put up!  (If you can't tell, I'm extremely tired, so sentences are running into each other or they're so vague/dull/irritating that there's probably no point in me even trying, but I'm determined to do what I set out to do.)  (Which hasn't been fully explained as of yet.)

>.>

No comments:

Post a Comment