Monday, September 26, 2011

I Am NOT A Procrastinator... Yes, I Am.


In Progress...
Puppy tail!

I am most definitely a procrastinator.  I don't like setting deadlines for anything, especially something I enjoy doing.  But I'm having to slow myself down on this knitting!!  I don't want to burn myself out on this scarf I'm so lovingly preparing for my boyfriend's mom.  She claimed to "just have it lying around" when she gave me this soft slightly expensive yarn, (Please note, my version of expensive yarn is anything over $5.)  but she forgot to take the recently dated receipt out of the bag she gave it to me in.  Also, I think I picked that yarn out last time we were shopping together, but then put it back because it was too expensive.  Either way, she gave me like 4 skeins of this yarn and instead of making something for myself with it, I decided to use half of it and make her a nice scarf for the approaching fall season.  It's my first real lace project, and first scarf I've ever completed without throwing it in the trashcan 48 times.  (I hate knitting scarves.)  I'm over half done with it, and it's done in sets of 8 row repeats, so getting through 8 rows takes roughly 15-20 minutes, so I get through episodes of Family Guy, American Dad, whatever else comes on.  I do love my Thursday night comedies, but this Thursday, I'll be spending it packing whilst watching my shows (Who doesn't love Parks and Rec??!!) so I need to get this done before we leave.  I've got like 13 or so repeats plus a border to get done in 3 days, I think I've got this in the bag, but I decided to spread it out through a few days, because I have to wait to buy the yarn for the next project I plan on making. (Friday pay day.)  Though, I guess I could do tiny stash projects until then if I do get it done early... *Happily searches through Ravelry for more crap to knit!*

No comments:

Post a Comment