Sunday, October 9, 2011

And the Crafting Begins!

Ah, I'll start out by saying... What a wonderful vacation!  Very refreshing, indeed.  But, I have lots to catch up on! So many ideas flowed through my  head and I was not smart enough to bring a notebook to write anything down.  Plus, with allergy attack in full swing, my brain has been quite confuddled with mucous and the like, so crafting hasn't been on the immediate agenda, but I'm still off work for another day and a half, so I'll make the most of it for resting and writing.  I'm starting to prioritize my Christmas/Birthday knitting list, and I'm super excited to get working on it. I'm planning to challenge myself by establishing early finish deadlines (with room for error, of course) and new techniques to work with along the way.  I'm excited to start the shopping process for the yarns and things, but I'm also excited to get some new things to start making more jewelry with too.

My next project is decorating a cute little box to put the now finished scarf in for boyfriend's mom.  I haven't uploaded pictures from vacation yet, (Camera batteries died) but I'll get that done, along with pictures of the box once I finish it, and the scarf inside!

I got my special edition of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine while I was away, so I spent most of my resting day looking over that and thinking about Thanksgiving!!  I re-read through the Halloween issue, and realized how adorable Halloween can be!!  I'm still debating a costume for this year, something inexpensive.  I've almost settled, but I'm not 100% decided yet.  I'll throw something together soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment