Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  Welcome, 2012! 

Normally, I'm not one to make new year's resolutions, but I figured, why not start?!  I made a few.

1.  Stop underestimating myself.  I always underestimate how awesome I have the potential to be and I really want to stop that.  I never have actual faith in myself, and I never really believe I am capable of what I set my mind to do.  I'm a second-guesser, and I'd like to work on that.

2.  Get Healthy!  I know, it's everyone's resolution, but for real this time.  I've spent years being overweight, and I've spent this last year really thinking about it, but still using excuses to get out of doing anything about it.  No more.  No more excuses, and no more playing around.  I'll figure out the best ways to do this, even if I'm not 100% right all the time.  It's a learning process because it's a lifestyle change.  I'm setting a small goal for myself first, which is to drop 10 lbs by the end of January.  If I can reasonably manage that, I'll make a new goal when and only when I reach the first goal.  I'm a big picture person, but sometimes I get lost in the picture rather than focusing on the details.  One step at a time, and it'll figure itself out.

3.  Encourage myself everyday.  If I'm not the one encouraging myself, who is going to do that for me?  Sure, I've got a lovely boyfriend, a network of friends and relatives that support me, but if I don't have that everyday, "Yes, you CAN do this,"  I know I'll get nowhere fast.  So everyday, I'll do something to encourage myself.  It's going to start by rewarding myself, writing myself notes, reading more about health/fitness/other goals to get tips, etc. 

I'm still going to be the same person, just a better version of that.  I can hear the doubts filling my head even I write this. 


"I am, a little bit insecure, a little unconfident
'Cause you don't understand I do what I can
But sometimes I don't make sense
I am, what you never want to say, but I've never had a doubt
It's like no matter what I do I can't convince you for once just to hear me out
So I, let go watching you turn your back like you always do
You face away and pretend I'm not
But I'll be here 'cause you're all that I've got"

I think that's me, talking to myself.  How appropriate.  Encouraging crazy to make me better? Ha... If only my therapist could hear me now!

Here's a picture of me with my Linus blanket that I carry around with me pretty much anywhere in the house.  It isn't allowed to go past the front porch unless I'm sick and going to the doctor/pharmacy to make me better.

Happy New Year, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment