Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Lesson in Double Knitting

Despite my near five years experience in knitting, I really don't have that much actual skill to show for it, other than being able to knit a bad ass hat and some toys.  Which, is good, it's more than some people can do... my friend Phil can only knit square or rectangle things still...

So, the project I took on for this week seemed challenging enough, and was directly translated into a swap project!  DOUBLE KNITTING.  I know...scary for a novice knitter, but not so much for me!  I referred to several different sites to get the help I needed.  First up, was one of my favorite go-to sites for any knitting predicament I find myself in, called, of course, Knitting Help!  Here's a link to their double knitting video, but there's lots of free videos available there to look at and refresh on or learn something new!

Double Knitting Video from Knitting Help

Second, and a bit more detailed on how exactly to start and everything is this nice site I just Googled and found.  The power of Google is great!! 

Double Knitting Cast On/Bind Off How To Site

And, here's what I came up with!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment