Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday Shenanigans

Apologies for the delay in posting.  *Insert excuse here*  Really, there is no excuse.  I have just been neglectful.  I've been tired of work, too exhausted to craft, not feeling well, all those things, but it doesn't matter.  I'm here now, and that's what's important...right? Right.

This past two weeks or so have been kind of... eventful?  Not as eventful in the crafty department, but really so in the expanding the business department.  I've been networking more, so, that's good! And I'm learning things!  Always good.  I've got lots of new crafty ideas floating through my head, and just came across a new opportunity to make some more things.  I'm moving into the world of mixed media, with the addition of a new, and pretty awesome project.  I'm way into reusing and recycling, so when given the opportunity to do so AND use it as a crafty thing, I'm all for it!  There will be a whole post with pictures on that, later, of course.  Or probably not, as I'm prone to saying one thing, and doing another.  But for real, this project idea is really fun and I'm really excited about it.  I'm actually up super early to work on it as well as get some other ideas down on paper before the gaming bug hits me again and I lose myself to the World of Warcraft. 

The new expansion came out Tuesday, and I'm already way into playing it more.  I've been pretty reasonable about it thus far, I think.  I've spent the last two evenings just playing to my heart's content, but I still managed to get a few things done in between times.  Today's goals, however, are focused more about cleaning the house, doing homework, and doing crafty shit.  Though there will be PLENTY of playing time, don't you worry! 

There are still some things I have to do to get some more things listed on Etsy, (photos being the biggest one,) it's been a real problem trying to get my photographer in line and our schedules synched up so I can get them done, but, I'm not too worried, really.  I'm hoping at the end of this weekend, I have some real work done on some new pieces and I can have a big photo shoot and get some things rolling again.  I like adding new items one or two at a time, instead of a whole bunch of shit all at once, but, I may end up just doing that; maybe it'll be a big refresher to the whole place.  It's looking good, I have to say, but it's a little stale now.  I've got bows, and now I need more, so, I'll be making some more, since those are the things selling right now.  I'm really surprised no one has bought a chevron necklace yet, I get a lot of compliments on them all the time, but no sales, other than to a friend.  (Which I shipped out Wednesday, finally.)  And I got TWO more sales (from people I DONT know!) so, I still have to ship one more out.  I'm hoping to get another sale or two this weekend, so I have more to ship at the post office than one package, but, we'll see.  *hopes*

Anyway, my coffee is cold, my brain is already tired, so maybe I'll go play with some glue for awhile.  :)  Promise a less wordy, more picture-y post next time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment