Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tape and Sunshine

Uuuuggghhh

That's really all I have to say about today.  Today was supposed to be my cleaning/working on projects/being awesome day and I did pretty much none of that.  Well, that's not necessarily true.  Every bit of what I did today was in an attempt to do all of that, but every bit seemed to fall apart around me. 

I had a meeting at work this morning at 9.  Worst. Meeting. Ever.  Who has a meeting that early on SATURDAY??!  Directly after that, I hit the store, came home, made breakfast, and started cleaning.  After some fun internet procrastinating, of course... :)  I cleaned up the living room, got my craft area all straightened up and organized finally, and started working on yet another project for the swap.  Unfortunately, this project is looking like it's not going to pan out appropriately.  It's too big, I think.  Or maybe it will be horribly proportioned.  I'm going to finish it unless it's looking really off, and debate whether to send it or keep it.  A bit of frustration there, to say the least. 

I got my clay machine finally, yay!  I'm really excited to get started with the other projects I have in mind for the swap.  I'm hoping that I don't get frustrated at that, though.  Sometimes, clay frustrates me the most, and sometimes it's the best thing after a crappy day.  I'm hoping the time off I have had from it will be for the better. 

I did get the swap yarn today, too!  Is it bad that I sooo want to keep it??!  Haha.  It's so soft, and it's kind of sad, I realized that the only yarn I've ever really worked with is acrylic, and that one time someone got me bamboo yarn.  I have TONS of decent acrylic yarn in my stash I'm wanting to get rid of/use up, but I'm just not sure what to make!  I need some good stash busting projects that give me some motivation to knit more!  I haven't wanted to knit anything for the last 3 or so weeks after all that holiday knitting I did. 

I also had a sort of failed but not lost project for the swap today!  It was edible, so that most certainly helped make it better.  It's going to work out fine when I get the right ingredients, I was just doing a faux trial run this time around.  But it was a delicious trial! 

I'm thinking about making some things to post online soon, so I can make some money off the awesome things I'm capable of.  Unfortunately, I'll have knits up by summer, so maybe things won't sell as well, haha.  But I'm going to work on jewelry simultaneously, so maybe I'll have lots of things to post, and by the time school starts up, I'll have plenty of things to get me through the semester!  That's my hope, anyway.  I need extra cash to buy books and school supplies, so that money will be mega helpful right around then. 

Anywho!  I have an INTENSE workout tomorrow morning, bright and early (7am!) and I'm looking forward to it.  I get TWO days off directly after this workout, so hopefully I won't be too sore!  Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment